Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Favorite Things at Disney World #9

I Can't Decide Whether This is More about Le Cellier or Food In General.
 
I’m going to be honest. I am not sure which one surprises me more, that I am already at #9 and haven’t mentioned food yet, or that (spoiler alert) there aren’t any more restaurants on my list going forward.

Disney has every food, for just about every taste, whether you are in the mood for a McDonald’s French fries at Casey’s Corner or a custom made $250 a plate meal at the Chef’s Table at Victoria & Albert’s in the Grand Floridian Resort. Disney has you covered. If you have food allergies, chef’s will be very accommodating, and will give you recommendations, and in some cases, point out what you should and shouldn’t eat at the buffet’s

I love Disney food. I really love food in general but when I go to “The World” there are times when I look forward to the food more than the rides. We plan our days around where we can eat. I am going to be honest, we probably over think things too much. How much more? Well, we started making dining reservations for this trip in January, back in October (which for people who haven’t been to the parks is actually recommended). However we’ve probably changed our plans every week since then. As of my writing this, a little over a week before we leave, we still have no idea where we are eating for two of the nights we are there.

However, I might just want to stop and get what’s available that day. We stopped by Kona Café, in the Polynesian Resort, and had a phenomenal dinner there with only a few hours notice, so maybe I should just see what’s out there.

A few things are a must though. I know I must have the Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake at the 50’s Primetime Café.


I know I am going to load up on the delicious sides at The Crystal Palace Buffet.


I also know that I must have the Filet and Mushroom Risotto at Le Cellier.


As I mentioned a few days ago, Le Cellier is very difficult to get into. Usually they recommend getting a reservation 180 days in advance. As a matter of fact, we have been trying to look for open reservations, more or less a few times a week since we started booking reservations in October. Every part of the meal was wonderful.

I started with Moosehead Pale Ale, it was smooth, crisp, fantastic, which even my wife, a non beer drinker, actually liked. Interestingly enough, Epcot is the only place in the United States where you can get it on tap. (and from what I’ve seen, it’s a bit difficult to find the Pale Ale in a bottle here as well.)

We followed this with the Cheddar Cheese Soup, which was rich, creamy, smoky, BACONY! It was just so much more satisfying than a “Cheese Soup” probably should be.

The main course was a lovely Filet with a fantastic mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce.

We finished up with dessert; I had the rich creamy Chocolate “Moose” while my wife had the delicious Maple Crème Brulee. (I am not a huge Maple fan outside of pancakes or bacon, but this was REALLY good .)


This trip we were able to get lunch reservations here again, along with new places like Cape May Cafe, and the much praised California Grill. 

I strongly encourage you to make a reservation at Le Cellier if you get the chance. Lunch is probably your best bet, for one because it will probably be the easier reservation to get, and for two, you are getting pretty much the same selection (sans a few entrees), for half the price. Plus if you are on the Regular Dining Plan, lunch takes 1 credit, rather than the two that it would have taken for dinner.

Tomorrow I promise to go back to rides and attractions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment